Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I love Edinburgh

There, I said it. Leeds sucks. Edinburgh rocks.

Last weekend I went up to Edinburgh to visit my old roommate Chris from San Francisco.
My friend Jeremy came up from London - his company sent him to UK for work for a few months as well, so we decided to check out Edinburgh together. He came up to Leeds on friday night, we hung around the infamous Corn Exchange, and took the train the next morning.

aside: Trains rock. I understand US is big and we like our cars, but it'd be sooooo nice to have train service. Fast. Reliable. Read while someone else drives. Convenient. I could go on.
And you get to meet nice English girls on the train that tell you stories about "houses" in their public school "just like Harry Potter, really" and comment on their pastry: "Lovely, isn't it"?

Anyway, Edinburgh is awesome. As Chris put it, it has "interesting topology" - it's multilevel, there are a lot of sub-basement apartments, bridges and streest are intersecting. Very much a multi-level city.

Reminds me a lot of San Francisco. All the houses are Edwardian, bay windows, water, hills.
All around good times.

Oh, and of course, i had "haggis" - the traditional Scottish meal of "chopped sheep intesting wrapped in sheep stomach". Delicious and a lot less disgusting than it sounds.

I took lots of pictures, and so did Jeremy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home