Thursday, February 03, 2005

Meat on a Stick

Since it's one of my last nights as an "expense account" tourist in NZ and I'll be eating "backpacker food" for the next week, I decided to front-load on meat and go to a Brazilian churrascaria, aka "meat on a stick" restaurant.


What a wonderful idea! Continuing my quest for "help with NZ sheep overpopulation problem", I had some lamb-on-a-stick. And other random food-on-a-stick (beef/chicken/pork). Unfortunately, no fish-on-a-stick - that is relegated to fish sticks, the staple of graduate student food.

well, isn't this post rather inane? Anyway, I re-affirmed the "stupid ugly obnoxious American" stereotype quite a bit today, asking for everything possible "on a stick". You figure that if you go to a fancy restaurant whose gimmick is "food on a stick" they'd serve everything that way, but they don't. No dessert on a stick - rather disappointing, actually. And the best part of eating in NZ? No tipping. It's already included. sweeeet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home