Friday, January 28, 2005

Globe bar

I finally realized that I haven't hung out with other fellow travellers yet. Figuring that i should get used to the "hostel" mindset, i went to the "biggest" hostel bar in Auckland called Globe bar. It's attached to some large backpacker hostel.
So thursday night i went there after dinner. I brought a few postcards figuring that i'd sit there quietly, have a drink, write some postcards (those of you that got beer-smelling postcards now know why) and go home.

Ha! Turns out Globe on thursday is the location for the "gay chicken" contest. While watching dudes pretend to kiss each other is not particularly exciting, watching the girls go at it for a $100 bartab prize was rather entertaining. I met some girls from scotland while writing postcards, and one of them "made it" to the "finals". So much for the stereotype of British girls being "prudes".
Oh, and I met two jamaican girls, one of them turned out to be a nurse. Seems like i'm destined to meet nurses wherever I go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home