Sunday, January 16, 2005

First day in Auckland

You can see all the pics from Auckland


Landed and found all the bags!

We landed around 6am, so my new friend Jen and I decided to explore Auckland together.
After dropping the bags off at my hotel (turned out her hostel was right next door) we walked down to the harbour. Auckland is called the "city of sails" - so yes, it's surrounded by water.
First impression - Auckland was a ghosttown. Noone was up. It really was only 8am, so I guess Aucklanders to love their sleep.

My hotel (hyatt) is right next to Albert park (there are tons of parks in Auckland). Right next to it is this statue:



At some point I found the Sun office. It's right next to the harbour, and i'm sure the views there are spectaculuar. However, i won't be working there - i'll be at the clientside which is a bit more uptown.


In the end, we just got on a ferry and went to Waiheke Island. It's 45 minutes away and very picturesque. Here's a view of the city from the bay:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home