Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Would you like some business?

Walking the 100 yards from the office to the hotel at night is always fun. One night 2 reasonably dressed women (it really is cold outside) approached me and asked whether i "wanted some business".
Huh? what business? i'm just getting out of work, you want me to work again? no way dude, i'm getting my drink!
So i was polite and just ignored them. Turn to my friend P. with a silent "what's wrong with these crazy british people?" look on my face, at which point he just starts laughing. Conversation ensues:
P: these are hookers
Me: no way dude
P: want to bet?
Me: ah, no thanks, i don't want to go to jail, i'm on a tourist visa

Turns out that my office is right in the middle of the "red light district". Or more like it's on the one block that's all there is to the red light district of Leeds.
Naturally, i didn't know that.
However, i was later told that the record was some guy getting propositions 8 times (!) on the 2-block walk it takes to get from the hotel to the office.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home