Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jet-Setting lifestyle

I needed to get to Leeds on Monday Jan 9th.
The weekend before, i had to be in St. Louis for my grandfather's 85th birthday party. Naturally, there are no direct flights from St. Louis to Leeds, so imagine my lovely itinerary:
friday night: JFK-->STL
sunday morning: STL-->Newark.
Take the train from Newark to Penn Station, come home for 2 hours, have some tea, get a new set of bags and take the train to JFK.
Which brings us to next section:
JFK-->London Heathrow, at which point it's 7am Monday morning in UK but still only 1am in NY.

Here's the upside of the jet-setting life: an acquintance I met while traveling in Russia 2 years ago was flying out of Heathrow to St. Petersburg at the same time.

We met up, had some tea, and parted ways - she took a flight to St. Petersburg and I went to Leeds.

I love elaborate plans. Arranging this was fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home